Herbal Supplements ~ Healthier Gut & Colon Cleanse
No matter how healthy we are, the air we breath does have micro fibers of heavy metals that are toxic to our bodies. The more toxic your body is, the more difficult it is for you to lose weight or have better food and vitamin absorption. The human body is designed to rid itself of toxins, but it can become overwhelmed by the sheer volume of external toxins. Two natural fiber powder which we include in our signature Detox Retreat at Gaia Retreat Center, are psyllium husk and bentonite clay alongside Triphala herbal formula; all 3 of which support detoxification and the removal of toxins and heavy metals. We include a sauna session, lymphatic massage, ginger kidney compress and colonics to aid in your detox journey.
Literally meaning “three fruits”, Triphala is a traditional Ayurvedic herbal formulation consisting of three fruits native to the Indian subcontinent: Amalaki (Emblica officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia belerica) and Haritaki (Terminalia chebula).
- Amalaki(Emblica officinalis): Has a cooling effect that manages pitta, supporting the natural functions of the liver and the immune system.
- Bibhitaki(Terminalia belerica): Is particularly good for kapha, supporting the respiratory system as well as kapha accumulations in all systems.
- Haritaki(Terminalia chebula): Though having a heating nature, it is still good for all three doshas (vata, pitta, and kapha). Is known for its “scraping” effect, which removes toxins and helps maintain healthy levels of weight.
Produced in an organic farm in Bali, Triphala herbal supplement will help cleanse and support your entire GI tract, improving digestion, elimination and assimilation of nutrients during your detox retreat. It acts as a gentle bowel tonic, being helpful in digestion, and supporting regular bowel movements. The combination of the three fruits has a synergistic effect to bolster many other systems as well. In addition to the GI tract, Ayurveda uses triphala to support healthy respiratory, cardiovascular, urinary, reproductive, and nervous systems.
Watch this video to learn how the three fruits of triphala work together to support vibrant health and well-being:
Psyllium Husk & Bentonite Clay for Removing Toxins and Heavy Metals
- Psyllium relieves constipation – The soluble fiber in psyllium is one of the best answers to constipation. The husks swell in your digestive tract. This stimulates the intestines and moves stool through more quickly. It also softens the stool by increasing the amount of water that it holds. Psyllium is also a good way to treat diarrhea. It does this by absorbing extra water in the intestines.
- Psyllium lowers cholesterol – Studies show that after 8 weeks of adding psyllium husks to their diet, people with high cholesterol reduced their total levels by almost 15%. LDL levels (the bad cholesterol) dropped by over 20%.
- Psyllium manages blood sugar – This is important for people who have been diagnosed with diabetes and for those who are pre-diabetic.
- Psyllium helps manage weight – Because psyllium husk makes us feel more full, it keeps us from eating too much. We eat less, and that helps to prevent weight gain.
We come into contact with a range of toxins numerous times every day, as toxins are given off from common products like paint, cleaning supplies, markers, substances used in building homes, low-quality unpurified water, and even pesticides that are widely sprayed regions that have farming present. It is quite common to inject a range of different toxins just by breathing in the fumes, benzene that are present all around us, not to mention the toxins that we receive from an unhealthy diet filled with low-quality processed foods.
Bentonite clay benefits your body by helping to expel many of these toxins (thus as part of a heavy metal detox). On top of being able to draw-out toxins from the body, the clay itself has a range of nutrients. Bentonite clay is known to have an abundance of minerals, including calcium, magnesium, silica, sodium, copper, iron and potassium.
Bentonite clay essentially “seeks” toxins in the body to bind with because naturally any substance that has a missing ion (which gives it its “charge”) looks for oppositely charged types of substances that will make it complete. Upon binding, the clay is then able to help remove toxins, chemicals, impurities and “heavy metals” from the gut, skin and mouth.